|2016||At the present time the university has a total of 8 faculties: the Faculty of Social and Economic Studies, the Faculty of Art and Design, the Faculty of Production Technology and Management, the Faculty of Health Studies, the Faculty of the Environment, the Faculty of Philosophy, the Faculty of Education, and the Faculty of Natural Science. Study applicants have the option of choosing from a total of 65 degree programs and 192 fields of study. We educate 10,480 students and also employ roughly 900 workers.|
|1993||The process of the establishment and transformation of the university institutes began in 1993. The first was the establishment of the Institute of Fine Arts in 1993.
- 1998 - establishment of the Institute of Technology and Production Management (this was transformed in 2006 to the Faculty of Production Technology and Management)
- 2003 - establishment of the Institute of Health Studies (in 2012 this became the Faculty of Health Studies)
- 2005 - the Institute of the Humanities arose (in 2006 this was transformed into the Faculty of Philosophy) and the Institute of Natural Science (in 2005 this was transformed into the Faculty of Natural Science)
- 2008 - the Institute of Slavic-Germanic Studies became a part of the Faculty of Philosophy|
|1991||On exactly the 28th of September, the University of J. E. Purkyně (UJEP) opened with great fanfare. It was named after the prominent native of northern Bohemia, Jan Evangelista Purkyně, who ranks among the founders of biology, embryology, histology, modern pharmacology, comparative anatomy and anthropology. On an international scale he also gained recognition as one of the most well-known physiologists in the world.
From 1991 UJEP consisted of three faculties (the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Social and Economic Studies, and the Faculty of the Environment) and the Institute of Slavic-Germanic Studies.|
|1989||We probably do not have to hint at much. Societal changes also influence the life of our faculty. This year saw the rehabilitation of former colleagues who were affected by political purges in the 70s.|
|1964||In this year the first of the Ústí faculties was established, and this was the Faculty of Education.|
|1959||In 1959 the College of Education in Ústí nad Labem changed into the Educational Institute.|
|1954||Four years later, in 1953, a new education act for schools was adopted, and on this basis the College of Education in Ústí nad Labem commenced its activities in September of 1954.|
|1945||The first efforts to establish higher education in north Bohemia date from the end of the Second World War. At the start of the school year 1945-46 the College of Education in Duchcov was opened as a branch of the Faculty of Education in Prague. Its task was to prepare new teachers for the upper and lower primary schools. Due to organizational problems and poor material conditions, however, lessons increasingly shifted to Prague, and finally, in 1949, the College of Education in Duchcov ended its activities.|